US Flag SATURDAY, JULY 04, 2020
IMAGE: "Sawtooth National Forest - Stanley, Idaho"


District of Idaho

Chief Probation Officer David C. Congdon

Public 1
U.S. Probation District of Idaho Seal
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Court Operations (1304)

The United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Idaho as well as Probation and Pretrial announce operating with reduced staff.  For full details and pro se email filing links, please visit the COVID-19 Information section of this website. 

Anyone who is experiencing COVID like symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID within the last 14 days must report this to the Court Security Officers at the entrance to any courthouse. Masks are required of all visitors and must be worn at all times while in the courthouse, this includes in court. All staff are required to wear masks while in public spaces at the courthouse.
Current Stage: III
Courthouse: Open
Clerks Office: Open
Gatherings: Max 50 People
Coeur d'Alene
Current Stage: IV
Courthouse: Open
Clerks Office: Open
Gatherings: No Limitation
Current Stage: IV
Courthouse: Open
Clerks Office: Closed
Gatherings: No Limitation
Workforce Development
Required Identification
Required Identification

What will I need to start looking for work?

All U.S. employers must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form for each individual they hire.  Before you begin your job search, we suggest you have in your possession, a state-issued identification card or driver's license, Social Security card and/or birth certificate to prove that you are eligible to work in the United States.

Anyone who operates a motor vehicle on the public roads in Idaho is required to have a valid driver’s license.  When moving to Idaho you will need to apply for an Idaho driver’s license within 90 days of residing in Idaho.  If you cannot, or do not, drive, you should obtain an Idaho identification card.  Employers will ask for some form of official Identification when you are applying for work.  An Idaho driver's license or identification card are the preferred form of identification.  Idaho driver’s licenses, instruction permits, or identification cards can be obtained through the county sheriffs' driver's license office that is located most convenient to you.

The other form of identification that will be instrumental in obtaining a job is a Social Security card.  You will need a state issued driver's license or state issued non-driver identification card to apply for a replacement Social Security card.  Visit the Social Security Administration for an application.

A copy of your birth certificate may also come in handy in obtaining your driver's license, non-driver identification, and Social Security card.  Visit the Centers for Disease Control to find the Vital Statistics office in the state of your birth.

Important Links
Social Security Administration
Vital Statistics
Idaho Driver's License Office Locations

Your browser is Navigator .0 running on using the IP of (
Glossary of Legal Terms | Privacy Policy