a) Initial Scheduling Conference. When the parties confer pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(f), in addition to the matters covered by Fed. R. Civ. P. 26, the parties shall discuss and address in the scheduling/litigation plan filed pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(f) and Dist. Idaho Loc. Civ. R. 16.1, the following topics:
1) Proposed modification of the obligations or deadlines set forth in these Local Patent Rules to ensure that they are suitable for the circumstances of the particular case (see Dist. Idaho Loc. Patent R. 1.3);
2) The scope and timing of any claim construction discovery including disclosure of and discovery from any expert witness permitted by the Court;
3) The format of the Claim Construction Hearing, including whether the Court will hear live testimony, the order of presentation, and the estimated length of the hearing;
4) The scope and timing of any discovery after the claim construction ruling including the disclosure of and discovery from expert witnesses (see Dist. Idaho Loc. Patent R. 5);
5) How the parties intend to educate the Court on the technology at issue;
6) The need for any discovery confidentiality order; and
7) Whether the management of the case would benefit from a voluntary case management conference with a Magistrate Judge pursuant to Dist. Idaho Loc. Civ. R. 16.1.